is your store currently running on magento go? ebay recently announced they will be shutting down the magneto go platform on february 1, 2015.
in statement posted online,â mark lavelle, svp, product and strategy at ebay enterprise explains that magento is making this move in order to focus onâ magento enterprise edition and magento community edition which he positions as â€œtwo solutions that better support and better equip small and medium size merchants to prosper in the evolving and increasingly competitive ecommerce landscape.â€
the closure of magento go leaves just a few short months before the critical holiday shopping season for merchants to find a new solution. so what options do the thousands of merchants on magento go have? simple, if you ‘re looking to stay within the magento family of products migrating from magento go to magento community is a quick and seamless solution!
â why you should migrate from magento go to magento community
for clients looking to stay within the magento family of products migrating to magento community is your best bet! here are a few other reasons:
magento community edition is free! â€“ unlike magento go which charges monthly fees varying from $15 to $125 per month based on the number of skus, admins, and languages; the level of support; and amount of storage and bandwidth
magento community edition is open source! â€“ as an open source software, you are free to add features and functionality through your own extensions or with any one of the thousands of existing extensions currently available to the magento community. adding themes from existing templates is also a snap!
no downtime! â€“ store owners donâ€™t want to learn a new backend. by migrating from magento go to magento community store owners wonâ€™t have to. the magento community and magento go backend is very similar.
how silk can help
to help store owners navigate through this transition period silk is offering site owners currently on magento go a special discounted rate on our magento go to magento community migration services. supported entities inculde:
- product description
why choose silk?
- magento gold partner – recognized by magento for performance at the highest level of knowledge, expertise and customer service.
- experience expertise – we are experts in ecommerce and magento solutions with countless implementations to date. we understand the business of ecommerce and are eager to share our insight and knowledge with you.
- longevity – since 2006, we have been designing, developing and implementing effective ecommerce solutions.
- staff resources – the silk team consists of over 60 highly skilled and magento certified developers, designers, consultants, project managers and online marketers.
- magento certified developers – many of our development team have been trained and certified by magento. this ensures that your ecommerce site is built correctly and optimized for the magento platform.
- flexibility – weâ€™re flexible and provide our services to a wide range of clients. from small retail stores wanting to create a new online revenue stream, to large corporations that need a stable and flexible long-term solution.
- turnkey company â€“ whatever ecommerce stage you find yourself in, silk can help! from designing to launch, to implementing a custom solution to your current system, to bringing your site more traffic via online marketing initiatives â€“ we do it all!
- value. our proven approach, experience, and best practices provide us the opportunity to optimize our project hours and client investment.
for more information on our magento go to magento community migration services contact one of our ecommerce consultants! we can assess your unique business requirements and recommend the most appropriate platform.